There are a few things we need to have ready for us when performing the first inspection or boiler service at your property, we have listed these below.
- Full access to boiler to remove casing, including, kitchen cupboards removed if they interfere with case removal and boxing in that can stop removal of case.
- Reasonable access to gas meter including cupboards emptied when in cupboards or under stairs.
- If your boiler is situated in the loft please make sure current regulations are met (Fixed loft ladder, Adequate space to service boiler, Good lighting and fixed boarding from loft hatch to boiler.)
- Boiler paperwork (this is important for newer boilers due to proof of service sheet in the booklet, if you do not have this we can still service the boiler as we also send our own proof of service document)
- Magnetic filter servicing tool (these should have been left with you when the boiler was fitter, if you don’t have these don’t worry! We can still service the boiler but we will not be able to clean the filter, we will make you aware of which tool is needed for the filter so a spare can be ordered*)
- If parking permit is required please make sure one is available to us or parking on drive is available
- During the Pandemic, could you please ensure you give our engineers a minimum of 2M social distancing whilst they are in your property. (Even after full social restrictions have been lifted on 21st June**)
If these guidelines are not met (apart from boiler instructions and filter service tool) we will not be able to service your boiler on day of arrival and will have to rearrange service. Please note a £24 rebooking fee will apply if we have to rearrange.
*Magnetic filter servicing tools are not covered under plan
** At time of press